CD Player Packed In!

kennyc

I've got the Bose stereo and now whenever I try to play a CD the system displays the error "Check Disk", this happens with every CD I try. If there's 6 CD's in the changer it tries to play each one in sequence then ends up with the same error.

Any ideas, is it buggered, how do I get the panel off to see what's going on?!

Ta.

My advice would be to take it to the dealer. If you try taking it to bits and cant fix it, if the dealer sees you have "had a go", they could wriggle out of doing the work.

Although I know what you mean about a quick fix. Id rather try and fix things myself first before letting stranger loose with a screwdriver inside my car.

Kennyc, were you there today (Kuro Coupe?) - I was picking mine up.

So far I'd say Dan Perkins have been good. The girls on the service desk are always really helpful too, and technicians put up with all my stupid questions. Always come back clean too.....

Let me know what you think.

Hi H5, no I've got a Blade. I've booked it in though, along with a P2 service. I'll let you know how it goes. I've also told them I'm going to supply my own oil which they've offered £15 off the service cost.

Sorry mate,,, a decent oil will cost you more than 15 quid :blush:

Robbing Barstewards imo :thumbdown:

Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 I think they said they used, even £15 off wouldn't cover a 5l can of the stuff surely?! I'll be going for Amsoil 5W-30 I think, 5l at £39.95. Not that I'm paranoid or anything but they better actually put the stuff I provide in the car!!

Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 I think they said they used, even £15 off wouldn't cover a 5l can of the stuff surely?! I'll be going for Amsoil 5W-30 I think, 5l at £39.95. Not that I'm paranoid or anything but they better actually put the stuff I provide in the car!!

Did you shop around before you decided 2 take it there???

Or should I go for the fully synthetic Amsoil 0W-30? :wacko:

The Amsoil TSO 0w-30 is the very best but whether you really need it is another matter. The ASL 5w-30 comes up tops in the USA tests , you pays your money you takes your choice.

There is a club discount with Performance Oils too! :thumbs: