offtopic views on offtopic

Liam's Z

Guest prescience
Thread tidied again..... :)

well keep goin and get rid of any @*!# stirring posts :thumbdown:

This site will end up perfectly helpful AND with no soul :surrender:

This site will end up perfectly helpful AND with no soul :surrender: = same as it ever was

With respect Dorian, the whole point is to try to keep the balance right. No one wants a site just full of technical information without any fun, but its in danger of going too far the other way, a site full of random banter all the time, means that all the information becomes hard to find and use. Therefore people don't.....

If you have an issue with the way things are being handled then why don't you voice them privately to the individual in question, or even to the site admin rather than what is currently seeming like pot shots? :blush::thumbdown:

It that ain't you intention then fine, but that's the way that its coming across to me tonight?

Guest prescience

This site will end up perfectly helpful AND with no soul :surrender: = same as it ever was

With respect Dorian, the whole point is to try to keep the balance right. No one wants a site just full of technical information without any fun, but its in danger of going too far the other way, a site full of random banter all the time, means that all the information becomes hard to find and use. Therefore people don't.....

If you have an issue with the way things are being handled then why don't you voice them privately to the individual in question, or even to the site admin rather than what is currently seeming like pot shots? :blush::thumbdown:

It that ain't you intention then fine, but that's the way that its coming across to me tonight?

Good Lord mate, that was a surprising few sentences .. It would seem to me that there is a place for most things here and that the FAQ/Guides section stands well as a useful resource to be reviewed as and when?

WRT your 'pot shots' remark; it seems to me that any such site (and this is a typical, non-unique example) is about opinions otherwise it dies on its feet.

I reckon I contribute to the positive in the main and I reserve the right to have a laugh now and then, whatever you may say :)

Guest prescience

I am really sorry Rob2005 that this thread has got deflected agian (unforgiveable and my fault) onto a mindless discussion. I hope you can extract a small useful part from the above - else the US sites are your friend as a first port of call :) - Usually more than 90% accurate - meaning applicability to Euro Zs

Good Lord mate, that was a surprising few sentences .. It would seem to me that there is a place for most things here and that the FAQ/Guides section stands well as a useful resource to be reviewed as and when?

WRT your 'pot shots' remark; it seems to me that any such site (and this is a typical, non-unique example) is about opinions otherwise it dies on its feet.

I reckon I contribute to the positive in the main and I reserve the right to have a laugh now and then, whatever you may say :)

Dorian, I do not dispute for one second that the contributions that you have made to the FAQ/Guides section (amongst others) have been and will continue to be of great value to this site......

It just seemed tonight (and a few other times recently) that some of your comments seemed to be able to be intepreted to be digs or snide comments about the way the site is trying to be run etc. If this isn't the case then fine, but maybe it would be worthwhile to review some of the things that you've said recently. Maybe on re-reading them I will see where you have been having a laugh, just that they didn't come across that way in the first place and it surprised me (even only being on here for a short time)

If you do have issues, then I would have thought that considering the input and value that you have brought to the site, that you would want to see it progress in the best manner and that you would voice them to the appropriate people?

I totally agree what you say about opinions just that recently some peoples on here could be viewed to be disruptive and its frustrating and concerning considering the reasons as to why we all congregate here........ :blush: