07 car. What Bluetooth bits should be standard

northernuk

I have had a look around the forum and found some interesting stuff around the bluetooth situation but am very confused about some conflicting info/differences in spec for age and what I have in my car. I have a horrible feeling something has been taken from mine which is what is throwing me.

I have 07 model but under my armrest I have nothing, zip, not panels nothing. Just nice small empty area. I thought someone said on a bluetooth thread that the cradle came as standard. Now is this slightly wrong or I have it wrong and was meant was the loom, mic, speakers etc came as standard but I have to install the cradle as showin another thread?

Either way, I downloaded the installation guide and a couple of problems arise.

Firstly I not seem to have the loose trim mentioned which seems to be a small square in the bottom of the armrest pocket? I just have what looks like a solid pocket?

Secondly I looked in the glove compartment as indicated and two things strike me. The floor panel has a hole drilled in it and velcro on the top. I take it off and there is no sound proofing as indicated in the pictures...

Third and worst of all I find 4 wires taped together using Black tape. I haven't had a torch on the underside yet but this doesn't look good. Looks like 2 blacks, a blue and possibly a blue with a white stripe.

Would I be right in thinking this car has quite possibly had the unit here and someone has butchered it out?

Why do I not have the loose trip in the arm rest area though...

Very confused and lost :surrender:

I would post pictures but not sure how. Can anyone tell me where to host pics to link to please.

Thanks in advance

Hello and thank you!! :yahoo:

Been trolling quite a bit but this one is bothering me so sorry to raise as my first post!

The car was sold to me as UK spec and is an 07 Roadster. I will be looking in to the UK spec bit.

In your post you mention the bluetooth adaptor comes as standard from 06 onwards so guessed it should have the unit under the glovecompartment and the cradle in the armrest. Neither of which I have, not even the square hole in the armrest where the cradle might have been removed.

I would been happy to buy the kit as you show further down but it should be there? The butchered wiring is also a cause for concern. Has someone removed it and sold it you think?

roadsters dont come with phone kit

think basically Nissan couldn't get the mic to work very well with the soft top, with the roof down and wind noise.

You will also notice that you haven't got the phone buttons on your steering wheel.

Doh, I thought long and hard before posting so I didn't make a proper plank of myself, did the research, checked the car and what happens...

Make a proper plank of myself :bang:

Wonder what was on the parcel shelf needing 4 wires and velcro then...

Many thanks for the info anyway... Will go crawl under a rock to die of embarrasment...