Little dent in passenger door!

RICHIERICH

Hi All,

I noticed yesterday after doing my shopping a small dent in my passenger door, I think the car parked by me did it, although very tiny I felt like kicking his car, I never though! I want to have ago at removing it myself, I have looked up trim removal to get to back of panel. Whats the best tools to use? Or if cheap I would consider, Regards Richard.

£60 thats very steep! maybe cheaper if I turn up with the trim off door!

its a skilled job, if you want it so there is absolutely no trace a would strongly recommend a dent man. They dont take the door trim off.

what you have to remember is that you want to be looking at the dent as your trying to get rid of it. Very difficult from behind the door

I paid £60 to get a dent out my driver door which looked the shape of a golf ball...

Guy done an amazing job but if you stand and watch you will crap yourself as he is banging away at your bodywork with what looks like a punch and hammer....

But the punch is made of some kind of wax and it leaves all little marks which he then polishes away when finished, but it look horrendous when he is doing it.

He puts a metal bar with rubber end down between your window and the door skin and works the dent out.

I thought it was a bargain at that price to have my car looking good again. Alternative was get it repaired and painted, how much would that cost???

I had some removed on my zed as my passenger side door was covered in car park dings ...

I'd definitely recommend calling in the pro's on this one ... it's amazing how they do it ... and a little scary too :scare:

They usually have special offers on at events such as the Donny show etc ... so it might be worth waiting for something like that ..

I was lucky as there was a dent master guy at the CS meet last year ... I got all the dents removed from my zed for £50 ... whereas it's usually about £50 a panel ... result!

:thumbs: