anti spin control

drob

just saw a vid on utube, 350z vs subaru wrx race from a stand still. 1st race the 350z had the anti spin control on, which i presume is esp/vdc. 1st race the 350z was a good few car lengths behind but on the 2nd when he switched it off it was a much closer race, neck and neck. my question is does turning the esp/ vdc make that much of a difference

Hell yes! Dragging at the pod tought me that ;) The TCS just bogs the car down to avoid wheelspin, which is the feeling of being put through the windscreen when you accelerate hard rather than being pushed back in your seat. I generally turn mine off all summer and in the dry and just use it in the wet, as the z can be unforgiving in wet/icy conditions.

If the guy could drive properly he should have wasted that WRX, it's the STI's that are an issue (you need a clinic to sort those :lol: ).

ill hav to turn the vdc off and see if it feels better, took my dad for a spin the other day. said it felt fast but he expected it to pin him in his seat more, its a strange beast the z'd some days it feels like a rocket and others it seems abit sluggish

then your pushing it to hard on the public road

not much point buying a 3.5L V6 with 300bhp if your not going to drive it and to be fair in the right conditions you could spin a Z with minimum throttle.

I agree on the experience bit though, the 350z is something that only time and practice can tame ;) A track day would really give you an idea of how to drive/control the car.

As for the car pinning you in your seat. These were my expectations after owning a Celica GT4 and upgrading to a Z, it's just the 350z is so much more refined and you don't seem to notice the acceleration as much. Add a turbo and you'd be pinned :lol:

oh dont worry, twin turbo setup will be coming my way very shortly, then ill be able to smoke the guy i see driving his r35 gtr to work everyday. love that car but im sick of seeing his rear end everytime he smokes me :lol: