Amp and original wiring

whitey

Hello,

I am in the process of installing a full set of new speakers and amp, i have already done the headunit.

I plan to install all new speaker cables and power cables for the amp and install the amp in the cubby box behind the passenger seat.

Is it possible to just unplug the Bose amp (two connectors) and then leave all the original wiring inplace incase i want to convert it back if i sell the car etc?

I will supply the power to the amp from another source, earth to the chasis, and add a new wire for the remote send (blue/white wire) from the headunit to the amp.

Hello,

I am in the process of installing a full set of new speakers and amp, i have already done the headunit.

I plan to install all new speaker cables and power cables for the amp and install the amp in the cubby box behind the passenger seat.

Is it possible to just unplug the Bose amp (two connectors) and then leave all the original wiring inplace incase i want to convert it back if i sell the car etc?

I will supply the power to the amp from another source, earth to the chasis, and add a new wire for the remote send (blue/white wire) from the headunit to the amp.

My Bose amp is still in situ, so yes it can be left. Just put some tape over the connectors.

Hello,

My Bose amp is still in situ, so yes it can be left. Just put some tape over the connectors.

did you use the orignal wires to the speakers then ? just adding power and rca to the new amp re suing all the wires to the doors etc ?

would sure make amping alot easyer if this is viable.