Brake feel

Bradders

Perhaps its cause I'm an old duffer who has just come from a Merc to a Z I don't know. Certainly the whole feedback through the wheel is massively different to anything I've owned.

Two things that puzzle me are whilst braking the steering can follow the road surfaces/white lines, slightly unnerving when I first experience it, but I'm assuming this is a TADTS?

Also when I brake I very much feel feedback through the pedal. I am having trouble distinguishing between this and a possible warped disc? Is this also normal?

Maybe I'm just being an old fart, and need to tune in with the car. Only had her 3 weeks.

Bradders.

btw I'm hoping 38 is not quite "old fart" of course ;)

38 certainly isn't old fart. I think you'd have to be in your 70s for some members to call you old!

The brakes have always had a lot of feel but it shouldn't feel like warped discs. That would be a violent judder and if that is the case then there is something wrong.

Have a look here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32481

Sometimes the best thing to do is a few hard stops following the bedding in procedure incase it's just the two surfaces (pad and disc) that are causing the issue.

Never take a risk with brakes though, especially in a car that can travel briskly and weighs 1500 kgs

Thanks Stew.

Something I notice is I feel I use the brakes less on the Z but I guess I am still by a big wuss and driving it well within it limits. It still scares me a little tbh :blush: Only remember this level of performance on my motorbikes I used to have. :D

I think I am being a bit over sensitive tbh..I think it maybe is the feel from uneven roads travelling up through the pedal as I roll to a stop.

The tramlining I notice in my missus Suzuki Swift Sport too. My old Merc had 18" on but it was a mobile sofa by comparison. Think maybe I've just been spoiled by a big smooth exec car.

If anyone moving from a slush mobile to a Z, comments gratefully received.

Bradders.