Boot Catch

Leenx

not heard of the button being a problem but have heard of the springs going. Either side of the boot lid is a enclosed spring in a rubber sleeve. Put a couple of pennies under the spring to condense the spring more. This then helps the boot open.

Hope its this.

Thanks M13KYF, it's when you press the button it sort of uncatches but something is locking in the centre catch preventing you from opening up, wondered if it could be something simple like a bit of WD40?

Interesting D4V3 GT4 - Only had a spoiler fitted fairly recently, but seem to remember having this problem before but not as noticeable?! Why / how would this make a difference?

Do you have a spoiler?

Mine was fine until I had the spoiler fitted, have to lift at the same time as pressing the catch.

DaveH

Same thing happened to me Dave :thumbdown: Did you remove the weight out of the boot lid???

BTW Leenx this would also help you ;) Failing that new strut's may be req'd,,, iirc some people have had these replaced under warranty :thumbs:

it's the extra weight of the spoiler. Also you can ugrade the struts to help take the weight of the spoiler when the boot is fully open.

I defo try the two pennies traick. Only tales two minutes to sort.

yep the packers on the spring works spot on :thumbs: I couldnt afford the pennies I used washers :teeth:

Sorry guys, I'm not quite sure where you mean - anyone got any illustrations? No worries if not as I'll have a proper read of this thread later this evening! BTW I'm having a HKS delimiter fitted this weekend only problem is was originally quoted £150 all in now it's gonna be more like £280!! The place I'm getting it done is called DSA (DSA Autommotives- they have a website) showed me their project which i think they said was a twin turbo 350z - apart from all the stickers on the outside it looks like an ordinary Zed - have a look on their website if you get a chance? Bet it's fu**ing amazing!!

Do you have a spoiler?

Mine was fine until I had the spoiler fitted, have to lift at the same time as pressing the catch.

DaveH

Same thing happened to me Dave :thumbdown: Did you remove the weight out of the boot lid???

BTW Leenx this would also help you ;) Failing that new strut's may be req'd,,, iirc some people have had these replaced under warranty :thumbs:

How do I remove the weight Liam? I remeber someone else doing this a while back but I didn't have it then!

DaveH

Guest prescience

Mike etc

Please feel free to split (Jacko :lol:) and add as a FAQ but since I feel rather an attachment to that section, please do it properly in the format

FAQ: My boot hatch will not stay up, what do I do?

and not like certain recent formatting efforts :angry:

There was a time when a man took pride in his work and slipshod ways were not the norm :p

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING - DON'T BLAME ME IF YOUR NEWLY REPAIRED HATCH POPS UP AND SMACKS YOU IN THE GOB

Editied by Moderator

Please see the link for how to guide.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3443