What is the outbox in the PM section ?

Mods,

Probably being dumb but...

In the Personnal Messages section there is :

Inbox - messages sent to me

Sentbox - messages I have sent

Outbox - what is this please ? I tried to send a PM yesterday and it is sitting in that box and I am not sure if it has been delivered or not.

Thanks

Mods,

Probably being dumb but...

In the Personnal Messages section there is :

Inbox - messages sent to me

Sentbox - messages I have sent

Outbox - what is this please ? I tried to send a PM yesterday and it is sitting in that box and I am not sure if it has been delivered or not.

Thanks

Hi mate,

Simplistically, the PM you send sits in your Outbox, until the recipient logs on and reads it. Then it gets moved to your sent items........

So if its still in the Outbox, its been sent but the recipient has not read it yet.

:thumbs:

Thanks Jacko. Simple!

So now all I need is a method to get the person I have sent the message to to log on and look at it ... I know I'll email them!

When you send a pm they should get a alert when they log :)

Yes, but I think there has been issues with this with other browsers such as AOL? Not 100% sure on that though.....

Yep - and thats the moment that it moves from your outbox - to their inbox, and copied to your sentbox.

If you delete the message from your outbox before they log in, then its gone, and they will never get it.

Consider the "outbox" as an open plan post room that gives receipts. Once you put it in your outbox, then it sists there waiting for the person to come in and collect it. If you take the letter back before they arrive, then they will never see it.

Once they arive, the message moves from your outbox into their inbox, and leaves you a receipt (a copy of the message in your sent items).

Consider the outbox a "last chance saloon" just in case you send a message in anger and think better of it a few moments later! LOL. :p

Consider the outbox a "last chance saloon" just in case you send a message in anger and think better of it a few moments later! LOL. :p

Unless they're already logged on then you're knackered!! :lol:

Sorry quote edited to trim down space!