Help

Rob2005

When i picked my car up it had been serviced ready for me.

Its a Jap import and bought from a company in reading.

I need to top the oil up and when i phoned them they couldnt tell me what oil they put in. :rant:

So what do i do now?? Do i top it up with the correctoil (fully synth 0W-40) or shall i put semi synth 10W-40 in???

Will it damage the engine if 2 grades are mixed?

I would say you're absolutely fine mate, if it were me I'd top up with fully synth. I can't see that it would be a problem for the 2 to be mixed, I've done it with previous cars without any problems.

BUT I'm certainly no expert, might be worth PMing either oilman or amsoil (both on here).

Agree with Lomoto, definetley change oil as you dont know what quality oil they put in, could be some cheap Como sh&t! When I bought my JDM I was told it had oil & filter change 4 months ago but I still gave it in to Nissan for a P1 service to rest my mind. Thay also gave it an inspection & said all was fine. Worth it.

May do that just to be safe...

0w-40 the one to use? Ive looked at so many oil threads on here and just got confused so would rather see what people advise.

Go for the Silkolene Pro S 5w-40

Shown here:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/performance_lubricants/silkolene.aspx

(and don't forget your forum discount)

Either that or I know other people on here have used the Motul.

You shouldn't really need to top up the oil if everything is fine, But just repeating whats been said, you should top up with whats ment to be in it but have an oil and filter change high up your list of things to do, Sad to say thaty few dealers put top quality oil in customers cars simply for profit reasons.

There are 3 top oils to use IMHO Amsoil Motul or Silkolene. All 3 can be bought from Opie oils and the Amsoil from Performance Oils, Just have a quick read on all 3 (or do searches ) choose which you want and see who does the best deal for it. If theres nothing between them buy the cheapest as all are far better than the minimum spec required; but do not short change on the filter. The best is Amsoils new type by far when they get to the UK Mobil 1 is excellent if you can find them or Nissans own to be safe. Run from the likes of Fram etc. ;)