Electric Window issue

new2350z

Ever since the very cold weather at Christmas I've had a problem with my electric windows. The problem is that when I open the door, the window doesn't drop the wee bit so now when the door is closed the glass catches the door frame instead of closing and the window automatically raising fully up!. It happens on both the driver and passenger doors - sometinmes i am able to manually push the glass down the cm or so and when the door closes it seals properly. So far the window up/down operation works fine, its just the automatic drop/return when opening and closing the door. Is this a sensor problem or a motor problem and is it easily fixed? - I'm consious that Im doing the window/dororframe paint damage when the window cant be pushed down. Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks

ive had this problem since before christmas propper annoying an found the problem yesterday, theirs a little sensor on the door pillar near the catch that gets jammed give it a press a few times and a grease up, problem solved!

I would imagine the contact points where the glass touches the window seals would need cleaning or lubing maybe? I wonder if there is any such product sold for this reason??

there is, on here somewhere, been posted before

Cheers guys, I'll try locating the sensor on the door pillar and greasing it up and get some of that gummi pflege. No coincidence that it started after one of the really cold freezes and my door was fairly well froze shut, when deiced with warm water the door still took a bit of effort to come free from the rubber seal. Anyway hope that sorts it. Cheers...

• 3 weeks later...

Just for ref:

The switch is to the left and below the door latch. Mine passenger window wasn't dropping and when I removed the rubberised mount found the wire wasn't connected to the back of the switch. Re-connected and now works. So maybe not weather-related for all??