Drivers door won't open

ade2009

Hi all

last night going home from work I couldn't open my drivers door the lock appears to be working and climbing in through the passenger side you can see the lock going back and forth.

Even the rac couldn't get the drivers door to open I'm having to climb in through the passanger side, which as you can imagine isn't easy.

As I only bought the car in November it still had 6 months watrenty at any AA apporpved garage, I'm hoping it covers this.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

i had this problem mate, a right pain in the ass and very embarrassing when u gotta climb over the passenger seat lol

it happened last winter for a day but i managed to loosen it by turning the key a few times and that was it

but this winter that didnt work, had to get someone to put a wire coat hanger down the window to open the door, once the door card was off it turned out to be the mechanism was jammed, the lubricant was dried out and it jammed. they dismantled it, cleaned out all the parts, greased them up put it back together and bobs ur uncle