Woofer Vibration

roy_watson

Hi All,

I've recently installed an aftermarket woofer in my JDMs (non bose) boot. Everything sounds fine and getting plenty oomph from the new woofer which im happy with. Unfortunately im getting an annoying rattle from the square panel that covers the compartment behind the driver seat when the bass is particularly low. If I press on the compartment panel the rattle/vibration stops. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their woofer and how did you remedy it? Am I right in saying that this compartment panel is removable? I'm guessing that removing this panel would remedy it but I can imagine it will look pretty unsightly?!?

Thanks for any help.

Roy

The panel is easily removable, just put a something blunt in the top lip and pop it off, somethign like a paint pot opener works well.

Then get some draft excluder and put around the inside edges.

Its also worth sticking some dynamat on the plate that holds the woofer.

Mark

I'll give it a go this weekend. I've got some sticky backed sound deadening stuff left over from the install, you think it will eliminate the rattle if I line the inside edge of the panel with some of that before putting it back on?? Its weird that its the only area of the interior that has been affected.

Its also worth sticking some dynamat on the plate that holds the woofer.

Mark

+1

Dynamat is design to absorb vibration. You don't need to cover everything but stick it anywhere that looks like it might resonate (usually large flat panels).