My 350z buying experience....

Kennydies

6 weeks ago I sold my beloved Civic Type-R not knowing what my next car would be.

2 weeks later I had driven the vx220, S2000 and 350z. Insantly fell in love with the 350z and decided to buy an import...

This week went to an importer and saw a 2003 zed and loved it. Bartered and gave a deposit. Next morning phoned to get a month and year of reg for my insurance and was told it was actually a 2002, a few phone calls later and the importer didn't know if it was a 2002 or 2003.

I said I was now disillusioned with the sale and wanted my deposit back, to their credit said no problem.

So today saw a 2004 import so drove 100 miles to see it. First thing I noticed is that it was a 52 plate and the owner said sorry the advert must be wrong, it is a 2003 car (insant £1000 off when i started haggling). Started looking through the paper work and the car on the V5 was actually registered in sept 2002. At this point i walked away and mentioned that his advert was incorrect.

Just checked the advert and is now being advertised as a 2003, he is going to **** a lot of people off....

Anyway receieved my car cleaning kit all i need is a car :D

Ross

The thing that anoyed me the most is that i would not have driven 100 miles each way to see a 2002 car and he is still misadvertising his car as a 2003.

Can you report misadverts to autotrader?

you can try, but the dealer will just say it was a mistake ;)

have you tried a private seller, there are in generally more honest than dealers in their descriptions :thumbs:

100 miles - 4 gallons, approx £18.

Travel is cheaper ;) ( excluding time :) )

Gus

ps Can us members PM you and paypal you £6 for a HPI check :p

you can Paypal me £10 and I'll gladly do you a check :thumbs:

by the way it was a 200 mile round trip as far as I know = £36 + half a day.. also IMO no one should go to view a car withoput HI checking it first saves trouble all the way round B)