Help with installing new MEOS head unit

baron1525

I have just bought a Meos MC702B multimedia system (rubbish sounding make I know, but its supposed to do everything) for my 06 350z. I bought a PC2-72-4 stereo harness on the advice of Halfords. It looks to be the correct one when doing some google searching, however the iso harness has 2 connectors, but when I removed my centre console, I saw that there were 3 connectors, plus the antenna lead. When I connect the adaptors that fit, I see that the black earth wire from my Meos does not have a connection with the vehicles leads. I am also having a problem trying to install/connect my Meos to the cars stereo bracket.

Has anybody installed one of these yet, or could help with the above? I am about to pull out what little hair I have.

Thanks for the reply. Im sat at the coffee table now with my centre unit, screws everywhere, and trying to squeeze my stereo into the original facia plate until I get something else sorted. I dont like the sound of having to cut the middle out of those listed on sextons. Im considering sanding down the inner standars facia, but thats the kind of thing I did when I had a D reg Ford Fiesta, not my lovely Z.

The black earth wire from the Meos stereo is connected to the ISO block. Should I pull it out, and find a grounding point? I would have to know what a grounding point is first, im pants with wires etc. Its a non bose system by the way.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the reply. Im sat at the coffee table now with my centre unit, screws everywhere, and trying to squeeze my stereo into the original facia plate until I get something else sorted. I dont like the sound of having to cut the middle out of those listed on sextons. Im considering sanding down the inner standars facia, but thats the kind of thing I did when I had a D reg Ford Fiesta, not my lovely Z.

The black earth wire from the Meos stereo is connected to the ISO block. Should I pull it out, and find a grounding point? I would have to know what a grounding point is first, im pants with wires etc. Its a non bose system by the way.

Hi Baron,

I've been looking at getting one of these but just wanted to know how you got on in the end and what you thought of the unit as whole?

Was it worth the buy or was it as they say 'you get what you pay for'?

Thanks