Air con

AndyC

Ok guys, I'm gonna show off my stupidity again!

We've all heard that you shouldn't have the air con on and have the windows open, but why? What does it actually do to the system?

It won't do anything to the "system"

but are you trying to get cool or cool down the world? B)

We've all heard that you shouldn't have the air con on and have the windows open, but why? What does it actually do to the system?

He he, nah mate was just wondering. Obviously I wouldn't be driving all over the place with the air con on and the windows open but I've always been told that you shouldn't do it but never really understood why.

He he, nah mate was just wondering. Obviously I wouldn't be driving all over the place with the air con on and the windows open but I've always been told that you shouldn't do it but never really understood why.

No real reason but your just making it work hard! :cold:

Guest prescience

Not surprised. The only problem is that 50 is about the speed above which opening the windows is usually just as efficient for cooling as the air con :lol:

During this last hot spell of weather ,I've been pleasantly suprised how good the aircon is on the Zed :thumbs:

But I have to admit I get fed up with people telling me I have a leak on the car when standing in traffic :blush: Most cars have aircon now days why dont they get used to the idea of seeing cars drip in hot weather B)

During this last hot spell of weather ,I've been pleasantly suprised how good the aircon is on the Zed :thumbs:

But I have to admit I get fed up with people telling me I have a leak on the car when standing in traffic :blush: Most cars have aircon now days why dont they get used to the idea of seeing cars drip in hot weather B)

LOL mine pisses in traffic 2 :blush:

The fuel economy is actually better when travelling above 50mph with the air con on versus having the windows down.

Agreed, but aircon on AND the windows open is worst case as the thread asked. (sorry wandered into pedant mode there)

but your point is correct....

LOL mine pisses in traffic 2 :blush:

He He ..in fact I had one guy come tapping on the window ,busting a gut to tell me I'd got a problem, had to let the window down to talk to him (ie ... p1ss off theres nothing wrong with the car ) and let all the hot air in again :blush: