de-cat fitting cost??

bradleykit

Got back from abbey today with a very happy result :teeth:

final lbft 1140.2

final Hp 268.7

And all the readings are at the hubs, so the flywheel figure is over 300bhp :yahoo:

Thanks Mark from abbey.

Very nice results. 268 wheel horse power at the hubs equates to ~319bhp at the fly (assuming 16% transmission losses: 319 * 0.84 = 268). I believe the HR 350's dyno at around 255-260 at the wheels so 310-320bhp at the flyw for your car seems very realistic. You may need to change the "303bhp" your sig :) The osiris uprev reflash seems to have very good results with bolt on mods.

Lots of discussion about this and unfortunatly its not that easy!..... Better just to quote hub figs! Not that I am complaining about mine being 325 @ the fly via your figs!

Also Abbeys Dynos are at the Hub so more accurate than at the wheel :)

Totally agree with you about only quoting wheel/hub horsepower. Most of the folks in the States only mention wheel horsepower whp as opposed to "b"hp (power at the fly/engine) for comparison purposes as that is what is being measured - and also to stick to one type of dyno (I have personal experience of getting two very different wheel (yes wheel) horsepower figures at two different dynos. Also agree that the dynapack dyno that Abbey uses is the best for measuring and most consistent. Anything over 250 whp is very impressive on a car with 220-230whp as standard. 268 whp is staggering for simple bolt on mods on the DE engine with an ecu tune. Goes to show how restrictive the stock ecu is.

You will also find they use SAE over there (as do a few UK tuners, and as a rule we dont use SAE we use DIN , it gives inflated numbers! More here if your interested!!! http://www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-tech-t ... epower.htm )

Its also not just the ECU thats restrictive!

Dont think that many come up at 220 to 230 whp ? I thought it was more like 235 to 240

Dont deny the numbers arnt pretty good though... think after my first dyno with a typhoon and a spacer got me 239 @ the wheel... its only Mark and Uprev bring it all togehter thats got the numbers I have now...