Are They Having a Laugh?!

geoff-r

These kinds of articles really wind me up:

http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21159

I'd really like to see what other people's views are on this? Are the government completely and utterly out of touch with reality? Maybe that is a stupid question in itself. They are prepared to waste money on these schemes when we are dealing with sub-standard roads. They say the tories will get rid of a lot of these road safety schemes if they get in, but I trust find it hard to trust Cameron any more than Brown, they're all a bunch of lying tossers :rant:

Unless you're an immigrant benefiting from our fabulous benefit system what does this country hold for anyone anymore?

I see your point in that our roads arent even close to the standard they should be, but looking at the bigger picture i can kind of see the point to them. A high percentage of accidents happen in residential areas, narrow streets, normally with cars parked on them mean people step out at the last minute giving drivers very little time to react, meaning no time when speeding. If the cost of these units is in proportion to the number of accidents that it wil help prevent then im all for it, at the end of the day why do we need to speed in residential areas?

Just my thoughts, please dont hammer me for it :lol:

Oh I see your point and let it be known where I live there isn't one gatso and we have terrible roads in apparently an affluent area. It's just a bit of a joke really. I suppose we could go round in circles. But do they ever consult the general public, the very people these systems are 'designed' for? I highly doubt it.

can anyone else spot the massive problem with this system???

If this is for small residential areas then its really only gonna affect 8 out of 10 people. the ones who cut through using these as rat runs. Everyone else is in these areas for a reason, like to go home. take hours to hit the second camera