Looking at Buying a 350z, Any pointers

gray1st

I've dug a little deeper into this car, and it is HPI clear as far as the basic checks are concerned so no insurance claims against it. I've asked the seller for the relevant mileage details, registration document serial number and issue date along with te VIN number in order to do these checks, however i've been told that he can't give this info over E-mail. Being a relative car trading novice, is this correct?

I thought it may be a security issue for someone perhaps swapping reg plates on the car, but wasn't sure.

They mentioned that the car is HPI clear and was checked before purchase. Is it possible or just cheeky to request a copy of their HPI certificate? Any advice?

Be good if you could, I think it'd be worthwhile doing a check on the mileage aswell.

I'm hoping to go and take a look at the car tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Has anyone used an independent engineer to give the car a once over? If so, other than the obvious AA and RAC, can anyone recommend a company they have used and found the report given to be of use

Thanks

some people swap the leather for cloth, especially if they are doing a lot of track days so you might find a non-GT with leather. This one is a genuine GT (as was previously stated) since it has all the buttons on the steering wheel as well as the leather seats.

Oh, and :welcome: to the forum