*SOLD* HKS Speed Limit Defencer *SOLD*

Jmbcar33

Hi,

I am selling my HKS Speed Limit Defencer and Autosport Wiring Harness. :D

For those who don't know, the HKS SLD removes the 180km/h top speed limit from Japanese Import FairladyZ's. :yahoo:

The Autosport Wiring Harness allows you to simply Plug'N'Play the HKS SLD with your existing ECU wiring loom. You do not need to cut and solder/splice the SLD into your car's original harness and the unit can also be removed simply and easily if you want to. :thumbs:

Comes with HKS SLD box plus original instructions and paperwork for the SLD and the wiring harness.

This is currently wired up for use in a manual transmission FairladyZ with VQ35DE. I will need to check if it can be used on an auto or later Fairlady's with HR engine....

These parts are not cheap. The Autosport Harness cost me £190 ($320USD) and the HKS SLD costs in the region of £250-300!

I am willing to lose a big chunk of cash and sell these together for around £350, please PM if interested.

Pics:

DSCN3374.jpg

DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3375.jpg

Thanks,

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
. I will need to check if it can be used on an auto or later Fairlady's with HR engine....

well??? :)

Ok, the Autosport wiring harness can be used on any FairladyZ/350Z from 2002 to 2006.

According to the HKS wiring manual, the SLD can be used on all FairladyZ's, from 2002-2006 with both auto and manual transmissions. It can also be used on the 2007-2008 FairladyZ with VQ35HR in manual transmission format only.

I am willing to split the two items if you are interested in just the harness or just the SLD.

Thanks,

Jon

According to the HKS website, they shoud retail new at around £215. I think a couple of these, advertised as for the manual transmission, went through eBay recently for around £150.

PS I thought that previous advice on here had suggested that there were different models for the manual and auto transmissions.

Just re-read your post. I'm looking for something to remove ALL limits, not the 180 km/h one I have. i.e. so the car can exceed 155 mph, for a visit to a certain German town............... :)

If you have a JDM FairladyZ then the only speed limit you have is the 180km/h one. If you fit this then you will have no top speed limit and you can go as fast as you car can carry you around the certain German town.

Just re-read your post. I'm looking for something to remove ALL limits, not the 180 km/h one I have. i.e. so the car can exceed 155 mph, for a visit to a certain German town............... :)

If you have a JDM FairladyZ then the only speed limit you have is the 180km/h one. If you fit this then you will have no top speed limit and you can go as fast as you car can carry you around the certain German town.

Can anyone confirm this please. And by confirm I mean you've had the HKS Speed Limit Defencer fitted to a 2003 JDM Auto and you can go over 155 MPH on the track. :drive1

Can anyone confirm this please. And by confirm I mean you've had the HKS Speed Limit Defencer fitted to a 2003 JDM Auto and you can go over 155 MPH on the track. :drive1

You will find that there isn't a straight long enough on any race circuit to get a naturally aspirated FairladyZ/350Z over 150mph!

I have been in my friends JDM FairladyZ with manual transmission with an HKS SLD fitted and after around 3 miles of slightly downhill straight 'private' road he was finally able to get the car up to 165mph (indicated on the dash).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...