shock absorbers

Appo

Hi

My 2003 53 Zed seems [to me] to be riding slightly soft at the front or hard at the rear. It's not something that the dealers could pick up, but what do they know :D

It seems that the car stutters when pulling away on moderately rough surfaces, which would be consistent with bad rear shocks. It also seems crashy at the rear when going over speed bumbs etc, which could point to rear shocks - or is it just that the front has gone gradually soft and I can't tell the bloody difference?!

Cos they're gas shocks, I can't check for leaks, so I am at a loss. It's a bit costly to change all 4 shocks, and to have them professionally checked means getting them off the car first, all of which is a pain. I could change the wrong 2 if I try and decide fronts v rears......

If anyone is in the Fleet, Hants area and would take the time to either drive me down the road or take mine out and give me a comparison with theirs, it could save me a bundle. Drop me a line if you can help with advice or the test-drive option

Cheers

Appo