Replacing Bose Speakers ??

Pimm

I want to replace the rear speakers only as they are rubbish so what size are they and are they 4 or 8 ohms as i will be keeping the original Bose HU seeing its working still.

Any recommendations for a easy swap.

Cheers

I believe they're actually 2 ohms, just to be awkward. They're 16.5cm. After a bit of looking around I noticed Infinity speakers are rated at 2 ohm, so they ought to be suitable as a drop in replacement on the Bose amp.

This is only what I've found looking around, I don't know if anyone is actually running this setup.

Have you already replaced the fronts?

Whereabouts in Somerset are you mate? I've lived in Somerset most of my life, though I just moved from Ilminster to Dunkeswell so I'm in Devon now. Do you know of many other Zeds down here?

I believe they're actually 2 ohms, just to be awkward. They're 16.5cm. After a bit of looking around I noticed Infinity speakers are rated at 2 ohm, so they ought to be suitable as a drop in replacement on the Bose amp.

This is only what I've found looking around, I don't know if anyone is actually running this setup.

Have you already replaced the fronts?

Whereabouts in Somerset are you mate? I've lived in Somerset most of my life, though I just moved from Ilminster to Dunkeswell so I'm in Devon now. Do you know of many other Zeds down here?

Infinity speakers are what I came up with, looks the best bet. do you know what size they are.

As for the fronts they are good enough for me to be honest. I have had big systems when i was younger but cannot be bothered with it all now.

I am in Cheddar, but not many Zed owners this way really which is a shame. :teeth:

Infinity speakers are what I came up with, looks the best bet. do you know what size they are.

I believe you want 6.5" (I think that's 16.5 or 17cm?) speakers for the rears. Actually I think the main door speakers and the rears are the same size.

In the future, I may actually do it the other way... replace the door speakers with something decent and set the fader to the front of the car. I guess it wouldn't cost much to put a reasonable pair of coaxials in the back too, for a bit of fill. I'm not sure just how much better it will sound changing the speakers, I wonder whether the Bose amp is any good?

I wouldn't be looking for a big setup either, just better overall SQ. For now I'm more interested in a better head unit. I had a Kenwood DNX-7200 in my previous car. I still have it actually, I could put that in, but I'm tempted to sell it and get something new.