Windscreen Washers PROBLEMS

lamby

Anyone help??

im currently having some issues with my washer jets they are not spraying any water onto the windscreen i have had a small investigation tonight and found that the rear washer is not working either. however the headlamp washers are spraying fine. i checked and there is power getting to both motors but i think i read in the manual that they switch the ground rather than switching the live.

i got someone to operate the washers while i had my head under the car and neither motor seems to be making any noise or even trying to spray water. i removed the pipe and water is free to flow but no pressure being generated by the motor.

i removed the washer motors and plugged into another car not 350z but a mitsubishi which so happens to have the same plug as the front washer motor. but even when i tried it on the mitsi it still didnt work. i then ran out of time and had to pack up. But my next task is to remove the motor from the mitsi and try it on my car.

has anyone else experienced the same issues or has any suggestions??

Thanks in advane

Steve

Now then mate...I'm guessing there just two connection on each of the motors...? If this is right then just put one of the terminals to the posi on the battery and the other to the neg on the battery. This will prove the motor without taking the other car apart if you get me. :teeth::p

Alexz