Running amplifier power cable??

Muttley

Hi all! :wave:

After just spending the last hour and a half with my head either wedged in the engine bay or passanger foot well, i have decided its best to get on the forum and just ask someone else.

What is the easiest/best way to run an amplifier power cable from the battery into the car interior??

Have just started a basic audio install and have now got stuck, please help and i promise pics of the finished project once its done :teeth::teeth:

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Cant say i saw it, u got a JDM or UK version?? I'll take another look. so u dont need to drill through then? thats a relief, is it fairly easy to push through?

Thank you 3fiddy, u rock!!!! :band::band::band::band:

Its a case of making a small cut in the grommet and then putting a longish screwdriver through. Then push through the cable where the driver is... Drilling shouldnt be necessary... Mine is a UK car, but will have a butchers tomorrow at mine and confirm, will take a pic if I can.

IIRC it follows the route of part of the loom...

As Mark said, follow the loom from the battery. Its far easier if you pop off all the plastic bits around the battery (battery cover, battery surround and bit of trim from the batter back to the windscreen). Once you get those removed, you will see it dead easy. Pop a little slit in it and shove the cable through with a screwdriver. Once in the passenger footwell, if you pop all the trim from the door shut, you can use the Nissan OEM trunking to route it to the glovebox behind the passenger seat. Honestly, I havent found a car easier to route it in :thumbs:

This should help but its a US car so reverse the sides around ;)

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/firewall/

Cheers again guys! i'll go have another go now, fingers crossed. Thanks for the link aswell Chris'l that liljerk_morpheous website is really really good, used it for a couple of things already.

Taking pics as i go for an install pic topic later.

Cheers :thumbs: