This clicking noise....

H5

OK, I've got an intermittent clicking / rattling noise coming from the rear. Just before I went away I removed everything in the boot and tried to put the tool kit etc. back together to eliminate that as being the noise.

Now back in the car after two weeks, it seems to click / rattle at different speeds and not always over bumps or rough roads. Is this the dreaded 'click' or do I need to pull the rest of the rear of the car apart to fix something else?? It really does sound like a part of the jack knocking against something or the boot not being shut properly, is this the same sort of sound? If it is, it's a pretty clear noise for something outside the car! :headhurt:

OK, I've got an intermittent clicking / rattling noise coming from the rear. Just before I went away I removed everything in the boot and tried to put the tool kit etc. back together to eliminate that as being the noise.

Now back in the car after two weeks, it seems to click / rattle at different speeds and not always over bumps or rough roads. Is this the dreaded 'click' or do I need to pull the rest of the rear of the car apart to fix something else?? It really does sound like a part of the jack knocking against something or the boot not being shut properly, is this the same sort of sound? If it is, it's a pretty clear noise for something outside the car! :headhurt:

Its the dreaded clicking :thumbdown: Dealer for you.... :headhurt:

Ever get the feeling certain things just aren't gonna work out.....??!!

Once this click is looked at and repaired, is it a permanent fix or something that's likely to re-occur? I'm starting to think about saving for that extended warranty. That'll delay those wheels and install a bit. :thumbdown:

I'm not sure H5!!!

I'd remove everything from the boot then listen ;) With windows down you'll defo be able to hear it.... Get someone to roll the car back and 2 with you listening outside... I could only notice it pulling away in first/ reverse gear...

I've taken everything bar the spare wheel out, and it still does it. Although it does it at any speed, any road surface, sometimes a few in a row, sometimes just the odd one.

Anyone in the Berkshire area had this that'd know it? Just spoken to the dealer and they've had one other come in with this but won't say what they did to fix it.

Out of interest, what sort of 'fixes' have people been offered / had in the past?

Thanks all.

some of your answers will be here H5

People have got this repaired under warranty.

Cheers Mike, link missing?

I just wanna be the one burning the 101.9p Optimax rather than Nissan mechanics for once!!

Rob.

If you have a clicky rear axle , just take in to the dealer and they will sort it out for you free of charge ( as long as its under warranty ). Its only a couple of hours work for to do.

I am not sure if it's a "we have fixed it forever" or "its fixed" , only time will tell.