Rear bulb...

jub

Hello people,

My rear bulb has gone (not the brake one) and I'm struggling to find out which one it is. I've looked on autobulbs but they say they don't do it, they only do the 'stop/tail' one (380). I don't know if I'm being dim here, or is it something where the bulb acts as both the tail and stop? I've tested my rear light and the brake light definately works, just the 'standard' one doesn't...

Any help much appreciated :thumbs:

Yes mate, i had one go a few weeks ago. There is just 1 bulb, and i think it has 2 filaments in it. Got a replacement from halfords for a few quid.

Yeah I'm thinking of popping into Halfords today. Do you by chance remember what type of bulb or was it a matter of them checking by car type? Are they easy to change?

5 min job to change. Open the boot, pop off the 3 caps with a screwdriver, take the 3 nuts off with a socket, lift the light off from the back of the car (it makes a loud pop, don't worry). Then take the bulb out.

I can't remember what the Bulb was, I just took the old bulb in and compared.

5 min job to change. Open the boot, pop off the 3 caps with a screwdriver, take the 3 nuts off with a socket, lift the light off from the back of the car (it makes a loud pop, don't worry). Then take the bulb out.

I can't remember what the Bulb was, I just took the old bulb in and compared.

Halfords gave me the wrong bulb, gonna go in with the bulb this time, thanks though.