Entire new ICE System required....

craigy hardcore

Hi guys...

When I bought my 350z it was obvious that the previous owner had his own headunit and front & rear speakers in as I only have a shady non-standard head unit & some shitty front speakers (No rears)... So What I would quite like to do this month is basically replace the entire set-up....

I have had a wee read at the "Upgrading Sound System" Thread but I couldn't really understand what I need....

Hopefully one of you guys will be able to point me in the right direction... I will be doing this myself. I know it sounds daft, but I am pretty good at figuring out the wiring as I'm doing it, I just can't understand it while its down on paper....

What I want is...

New Headunit (I've seen a nice pioneer double din that'll do nicely)

New Front speakers

New Rear Speakers

1 amp (nothing huge, just enough to give a nice bit of base)

What I would also like is for my steering wheel controls to work. This maybe a whole other subject but I have a cradle with no hands free blue-tooth device. Do these blue tooth devices work with any Headunit of just the standard Bose one?

I think I have covered everything.

Your help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Craig :D

ok well to start wiht if you have anftermarket Hu in there already half the battel is already won since youve got the loom adaptor in place.

what you need to do is first set a budget .

pull out Hu and see if the loomk that sin there as steeting wheel controls but just not hooked up yet (little black box about matc box sized)

assuming thats there then you need to decide if you going fully amped or not im guessing yes.

if so id forget the rear speakers they just ruin the sound stage.

get a for chan amp , pair of comps for the front and new Hu to run it .

then youl need new wire to power said speakers and to make/buy a sub box.

thats shoudl get you going .

If you have the black steering wheels control box on the loom, and the Pioneer is a relatively modern one (last year or two), then check with ICT (In Car Tech) which is the correct steering wheel control cable, as you may find that need the newer 29-020 instead of the 29-007.

The nissan bluetooth module only workis with the original Nissan Bose HU.

Thanks for the replies guys!...

Good point about the aftermarket HU already being in there... from memory when I had it out, the black box is there but I'm not sure about the steering wheel control, maybe is, but is unplugged or something...

I have just purchased a double din fascia from ebay and the Pioneer HU is this one... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Yokomo... What do you mean the rear speakers ruin the sound stage? I'm really not into big boomy subs, especially not in the small 350z cockpit.... What if I put speakers in the rear and then maybe fabricated a sub enclosure to sit right at the rear of the car.. maybe 1 small 10" sub... you reckon that would better the sound?

Cheers Again!

Craig

basiclly if you put rear speakers in then youl get the high stuff blasting right in your ear as if you had your back tuned to the band so normlly you fadar them down or get dont have em (mine are turned right down)

with on the sub , the Z is small and if your nod fater a big car shaking ratle then do like i have .....

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28201

see finished item although i may move this to the compartment side of the strut bar so i cna usea tennaeu cover .

an 8 or 10 is more than enough to provide good bass .

if your handy with making items then id make small sub box for the boot and try and bag a nice 4 channel but.. has your car got the orignal bose amp still inplace or was it non bose ??

this makes abig differnce as if its non bose id just use the HUamp to run the fronts and get small amp for the sub , that show run most of my set ups in the past (got the bose amp and an alpine for the sub now).

its all budget realted really :(

but a good absic setup is HU , 4 chan amp , pair comps for the front and sub size/power to suit tastes.

hope this helps , im sure some fo the others on here can help.

I'm not sure whether I still have the Bose Amp... were is this located?

I see what your saying about the rear speakers now... I'd rather just have them in there, turned down a notch... I will be buying a tonnea (spelling) cover as well so I'll maybe see if I can build a sub enclosure in somewhere, but I need my boot space for now until I buy a bigger car....

Thanks for your input mate.. I should be buying in some gear on Friday so I'll start a post once I have the stuff...

Cheers lads!

good luck , looks like youl be pulling the car aprt to run all the wires then !

you might want to consider making a sub box to go where the cover goes and kill two birds wiht one stone , should be easy to make and if your putting the covera cross anyways you wont loose much of our os so tiny boot .

The bose amp is located under some foam in the boot which is a bit fo a mare to get to. There is also a 2nd sub amp which is located in the sub box. Do you have a sub behind the driver? If not have a look behind the panel and you should seee on the back of the metal sub surround a black box..if you have one that is.

You may find the car never had BOSE and then you can just use the looms that are there.

As for bluetooth - the Nissan unit does not really work with any aftermarket head units, only the factory ones