tyres... 245/45/18 or 255/35/18

MiKyHuT

edited now =)

hi,

i've no idea about tyres. i was going to get toyo 245/45/18 as this is what i have had on it since i bought it. but then my mate throws a spanner in the works by saying he'll give me 2 falkens 235/35/18 for 190. (for both)

thats gonna be almost haf what i would pay for toyos.

can they even fit my wheel? i have rays. and if i do fit them, what diff will the tyre size make?

thanks in advance for the help guys

ah ah aha

typo

meant 255/35/18s!!!

im really not that stupid haha

But you did type

"i've no idea about tyres." :lol: As Tev said stick with the Toyo 245/45/18 or Falkens. The other tyre will give you an incorrect rolling radius anyhow. :)

ah ah aha

typo

meant 255/35/18s!!!

But you did type

"i've no idea about tyres." :lol: As Tev said stick with the Toyo 245/45/18 or Falkens. The other tyre will give you an incorrect rolling radius anyhow. :)

touche... i do recall typing that...

toyos it is then haha.

what dirr does rolling radius make?

ah ah aha

typo

meant 255/35/18s!!!

But you did type

touche... i do recall typing that...

toyos it is then haha.

what dirr does rolling radius make?

Try typing your tyre sizes in the calculator at the bottom of the page and see the difference.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Rolling radius affects the speedo. 350zs are VERY sensitive to changes in tyre. The tyre size you mention might be ok as long as you got a matching size on the front. The difference from axle to axle and side to side can confuse the Zeds traction control system. Most problems posted about 'twitchy' cars on this forum is a direct result to tyres either being the wrong size, mixed brands or even one side being new and one being low across the axle. It's really not worth the risk if you ask me.