2nd hand V1 front bump advice needed READING AREA-

alessandro

Hi guys,

I'm looking into buying a second hand V1 front bumper but need some advice:

the guy bought the bumper but at the bodyshop was told that wouldn't fit so he ended up upgrading with something else and, in the end found out that the bodyshop was trying to fit it incorreclty. He's selling this for £200 and need pre prepping (?) holes etc.. and obviously painting

What should I look for if I decide to go a head? Does this come with any screws or other staff? I would I know how's the fitting without actually fitting it? I already asked if is an original Nismo or a replica and if so which brand.

Is there anyone from the Reading area that has a good knowledge in this and could advise me / come with me to have a look during week days? The seller works in Reading area ( RG7 postcode )

Allesandro!, Codlord is a good guy and to be honest his offer of " To be sure, if someone takes it and it does not fit to their satisfaction I will take it back for a full refund assuming it has not been painted yet."

His post isnt here and it would be a good idea to ask the questions of him in his post ie does it come with a fitting kit! He has also said he will get you some pics, that will give you some idea of what holes need fitting...

The only people that can tell you if it fits is a body shop or you take your front bumper off and test fit it then and there... its not hard!

Its not about the make mate! If its a real nismo or a shine replica nismo bumper then you should be fine but those are obviously going to cost more! As its down as v1 style you wont have any idea who the maker is or where its made.. But I do agree, £200 is a great price.

Most bodyshops can make any bumpers fit that are specific to a certain model, it just depends how much you want to pay or if the body shop can be arsed to waste their time if the end result wont be up to your satisfaction! Best thing I think you could do is take it to your local body shop and get them to have a look. Most worth their salt wont give you a full price till they have seen it anyway..

Good luck with it anyway :thumbs:

Hi mark,

Got in touch with the seller again and all sounds good, I'm always a bit sceptical ( sorry for the spelling ) when seen good things at a good price, and people here have always been able to advice me right ( see cheap CF style ).

For bodyshop, I was thinking to come down to the one in Cranleigh which has done few works for people here.

If all goes well, next week I'll have step 1 of my exterior mod :thumbs: