Motor Dismantling

SteveW

I've just spent the morning dismantling my drivers electric window because its started running slow again.

Last time I pulled it all apart and gave it a clean and it was all good again.

However this time I think I'm gonna try and do a better job and replace the brushes in the motor because when I took the motor apart the brushes were very marginal to being in contact with the rotor contacts. I'm guessing this is why it was running slow.

Anyways now I'm stuck the motor has a 'white' insert which houses the brushes (see pic)

I've been trying to get it out so I can measure the brushes and get some new ones or re-tension the springs to force the existing brush into contact.

Please ignore the amount the bushes are protruding I did this trying to get the brush housing out.

Anyone have any idea how this comes out, I don't wanna force it and break the thing. :bangin::bang::bangin:

Cheers

i noticed the motor on my driver window is occasionally sticking in the down position, quick tap on the bottom of the door card usually sort it, mite have to look into it a bit more tho, hope some-one can find a guide or somthing

nice one :thumbs:

guides are always appreciated

i noticed the motor on my driver window is occasionally sticking in the down position, quick tap on the bottom of the door card usually sort it, mite have to look into it a bit more tho, hope some-one can find a guide or somthing

No worries as soon as I have all the parts and checked it works I'll do a guide :dummy: