INSURANCE

neo-ninja

Hi all,

So as you know i am looking for a Zed, when i originally checked insurance being im 24 its exspensive but bearable...however that was manually putting in a 2004 car, with Gt pack - it would find on confused.com a NISSAN 350Z GT COUPE 2003 3449CC COUPE MANUAL PETROL - which eventually gives me a quote of £1k

HOWEVER! for some reason when i find number plates of the euqivelent car i am interested in, it keeps thinking it is a Nissasn 350z FAIRLADY....(i have tried about 10 cars!) and then gives me a final quote of over £1.6k...

So my question to you is, can i assume the car assuming i go for a standard gt version is the first quote and not the second, and what happens when i call up my insurance and they use the reg....

Any ideas?

Insurance companies basically suck and don't know the different between a 350z and FairladyZ. The difference is probably because they think its an import and you get charged more for a JDM. You may need to go to an insurance company that knows the car and you tell them its a UK car. Have you tried Chris Knott on here?

I havent tried Chris Knott yet, but if i remember from a few other forums, there are a few pre requisits like you have to be 25 etc...But i will have a look now.

This is elephant, so they arnt small if i call and speak to someone should i be able to put them straight? The cars i am looking at arnt imports...

Let me know your thoughts,

Neo

I had the same thing with Adrian Flux albeit the other way round mine is a JDM and they had it down as a UK. It was only £60 difference but a quick call sorted it out.

Yeah with C Knott you have to be a certain age and have experience of a rear wheel drive car. Try Adrian Flux though as I used confused.com and then they beat the cheapest quote. Not good if you want to leave though as I don't think they give you any refund on your premium!! :thumbdown:

I had that exact problem when I was searching for a Zed ... to the extent that I actually lost £250 due to a dodgy comparison website not recording the details properly.

I entered the number plate and chose JDM import, but for some reason it hadn't registered that the car was imported ... so I went and put a deposit on the car and then rang up the insurers to accept the quote ... I explained it was an import and then they came back with a quote over a £1000 more!

I had to pull out of that purchase and lost my deposit ... but thankfully I got myself a UK spec not long after ... Happy Days!

You may have already tried them but I used www.GoCompare.com in the end and their online system does recognise UK Specs correctly...

Good Luck :thumbs:

I havent tried Chris Knott yet, but if i remember from a few other forums, there are a few pre requisits like you have to be 25 etc...But i will have a look now.

This is elephant, so they arnt small if i call and speak to someone should i be able to put them straight? The cars i am looking at arnt imports...

Let me know your thoughts,

Neo

I have been with elephant and admiral for nearly 5 years now (same company) and i must say i cannot fault them in anyway. But they do still fight each other for business B) admiral being the "official" company with elephant being a trading name as such. Anyways long story short im 22 and im fully comp paying about £700 ish. about the same as last year for a group 14 golf GTI turbo. I dont even shop round any more as i know there is no way it can be beaten, not at my age.

Try just putting the car in and not the reg, im possitive the option is there for a uk spec car.

Oh and one more tip, use admiral = always cheaper. :thumbs:

hope this helps you and for gods sake man dont use comparison web sites, aviod them like the plague. Go direct and save loads.

Agree with Gilly.

After alot of searching Admiral came out way cheapest and i'm 23 yrs old so majority of prices were £2k+. Finally got below £1k with putting family members as named drivers, and thats with zero no claims.

oh yea forgot that one. family members like a mother with a spotless driving record and a thousand years NCB is good to have on the policy. plus and probably the main reason for me doing it is someone else can drive the car if need be :scare:

Agree with Gilly.

After alot of searching Admiral came out way cheapest and i'm 23 yrs old so majority of prices were £2k+. Finally got below £1k with putting family members as named drivers, and thats with zero no claims.

jeeze how you manage that, shame i cant just go "i know someone called reaper on the forums who says he got if for x"! lol

It is coming out for me at around the £1.05k mark with elephant on confused.com

I have 3 years NCB (however i did have a crash 3 years ago, but only a small one 2k cost), my mum as a secondary driver (with like 40 years no claims, no speeding offences etc), i dont have any speeding offences. And only want a voluntary excess of £250. IM 24 and i live in Weybridge.

Anything on here that you guys do better at?