Two wheels.......

Space Cadet

I'm going two wheels!!!

Am taking my CBT on the 30th, the theory test the following week and then 3 or 4 full days training and the ‘proper’ test shortly after.

Can’t believe how cheap bikes and the insurance is – don’t want a hairdryer so am going to start off on a 600cc, either a Ducatti Monster or a Honda Hornet.

Can get both for between £2-3k with low mileage and being 30 and keeping the bike locked in a garage the insurance is £300-£400 (3rd party F&T) – even with no NCB and just passing (when/if I do).

Will be keeping the Z (for the time being).

I'm going two wheels!!!

Am taking my CBT on the 30th, the theory test the following week and then 3 or 4 full days training and the ‘proper’ test shortly after.

Can’t believe how cheap bikes and the insurance is – don’t want a hairdryer so am going to start off on a 600cc, either a Ducatti Monster or a Honda Hornet.

Can get both for between £2-3k with low mileage and being 30 and keeping the bike locked in a garage the insurance is £300-£400 (3rd party F&T) – even with no NCB and just passing (when/if I do).

Good man! You'll love it....

TBH, its completely different feeling of speed than the Zed, so I'd try to not get rid if you can. Thinking that the bike will replace your cravin for speed etc, ...... in my experience they go hand in hand.....

But it will make you a more aware car driver thats for sure! :thumbs:

Thanks.

I’ll never not have a decent car - the plan is to have both for the time being, but I/we (inc. the girlfriend) have a few ideas, we might go halves on a joint car like an A4 cab or may be even a Golf GTI, in which case we would sell her Ka and I would get a toy like the S1 Elise as well.

But this is all pre-bike, so lets see what/how I’m feeling in 6-9-12 months time, may be we’ll get that A4 or Golf , we keep her Ka and I’ll get a rocket bike instead – was just dreaming on Auto Trader and you can pick up a M4 Augusta for £7/8K – insurance £800!!! – bring it on!!!!

Thanks.

I’ll never not have a decent car - the plan is to have both for the time being, but I/we (inc. the girlfriend) have a few ideas, we might go halves on a joint car like an A4 cab or may be even a Golf GTI, in which case we would sell her Ka and I would get a toy like the S1 Elise as well.

But this is all pre-bike, so lets see what/how I’m feeling in 6-9-12 months time, may be we’ll get that A4 or Golf , we keep her Ka and I’ll get a rocket bike instead – was just dreaming on Auto Trader and you can pick up a M4 Augusta for £7/8K – insurance £800!!! – bring it on!!!!

MV Augusta..... .gorgeous looking, but don't go that well (speed wise).... ;)

But as you say, you'll decide what you want to do in time. Wait till you get out with a load of lads biking together. Its the best crack going...... :D

I'm going two wheels!!!

Hi , I have 2 hornets in stock a 2004 satin silver unfaired 2000 miles from new £3495.. and a 2002 faired 9000 miles in blue£2995 any good for you ??

Oh by the way I,m a bike dealer :teeth:

What makes me laugh is when I move out of the way of a biker on the motorway to let them past and they wave me, presumably because I'm being considerate to them.

Hardly, I'm getting my gorgeous Kuro out of the way of those knucklehead McSpazmatrons before they gouge the side with their handlebars because of the stupid speed they pass. I'm doing it for me, mate, not you! :angry:

Just today, on the M3, the traffic did its usual stop and a back went whizzing past at over 60 inbetween middle/fast lane - stupid w*ker! I think he only had one hand on the bars too :scare:

On another note, one thing I learned driving the Z round Nurburgring - we go faster than the bikes on the turns! Never knew that. Of course, they take the **** on the straight :surrender:

Bikes are great but they complain about car drivers - sorry, but they are the biggest t*ts on the tarmac :bang:

I was recently in Illinois, USA, where the bikers don't even wear helmets - it's not "cool" apparently. What a complete fookin nightmare where people drive bikes without helmets @ > 70 mph surrounded by nonscelant US citizens driving rubbish cars?

Every biker I know has been "hit" thru no fault of their own - and then run over by a Volvo driver.

DON'T DO IT! :angry:

Bikes are great but they complain about car drivers - sorry, but they are the biggest t*ts on the tarmac :bang:

I was recently in Illinois, USA, where the bikers don't even wear helmets - it's not "cool" apparently. What a complete fookin nightmare where people drive bikes without helmets @ > 70 mph surrounded by nonscelant US citizens driving rubbish cars?

Every biker I know has been "hit" thru no fault of their own - and then run over by a Volvo driver.

Steve,

With respect, that's absolute bollox!....

You cannot say that every biker is the biggest tit on the tarmac. Fair enough you may know a lot of bikers who ride like idiots etc or it may be unfortunate that you have seen a lot of stupid things, but to say that all are tits is downright ignorant.

As for yanks, well they are yanks.... what do you expect! (joke ;) )

What about all the normal riders out there who just ride "normally" etc that probably don't make you notice them etc.

I for one rode with respect for all things on the road, but if you were a biker you would know how many times you nearly get knocked off at a junction etc for just riding along at the speed limit only for some half asleep, in a rush car driver to pull out without seeing you only cos they didn't take the time to LOOK properly! Or insist on sitting 2 feet away from your rear tyre in a convoy of traffic etc..... so thats why a lot of bikers complain about car drivers, as they have no comprehension of what it takes to ride a bike properly, the risks you take of doing it and how much damage they can do in their nice metal boxes....

So don't tar everyone with the same brush etc, thats like saying all sports car drivers are arrogant, posing w*nkers

:)

Ha ha, there’s always a bit of banter on these threads.

Anyway, thanks for the bikes, but I don’t expect to keep it for too long so am just going for a £2-£2.5k bike, probably 2000-2001 year – oh and in black!

The MV’s are works of arts!!

I totally agree with everything you've said!!!

:lol:

Bikes are great mate ...... you won't regret a second of it ...... you're road craft should also improve big time ..... I think everyone should be made to ride a bike at least once !!!!!

Just remember ..... ride for yourself ..... don't let people push you beyond the point that your either happy or safe ...... and then you'll be just fine mate.

Bikes are great mate ...... you won't regret a second of it ...... you're road craft should also improve big time ..... I think everyone should be made to ride a bike at least once !!!!!

Just remember ..... ride for yourself ..... don't let people push you beyond the point that your either happy or safe ...... and then you'll be just fine mate.

wise words mate.... :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...