Brembo disc change. Help required.

jimboynugget

Hi guys,

I've had a dig around the forums, but I can't find the info I'm after.

I've started to replace by stock Brembo discs and pads, but it appears that the caliper needs to be removed from the brake line. :scare:

Is this required for a Brembo disc change?

Is it easy to do without getting brake fluid everywhere?

Is there a better way?

All the guides I've seen refer to the non-brembos: the flexible hose meets the caliper so it can be just swung out of the way. Easy. But the Brembos seem different.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Hi Alex. Thank's for your reply. Normally I'd agree that it's easy, but I'm still worried.

The brake line is a metal pipe from the caliper that goes round the back of the suspension to the other side. I can't see how that will swing anywhere. Looks bolted down good and proper. If I take the caliper off it's just going to bend the pipe isn't it?

Sorry mate, I should have mentioned that there are a few other smaller bolts that have to be removed (if you have hard lines to the callipers) and they are quite obvious and once they are removed the callipers will swing to the side.

I repeat, you do not have to disconnect any of the hydraulic hard lines or hoses.

If you are still uncomfortable with this swop out then it may be best to get a garage to carry out the work for you.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Managed to get the discs changed this weekend. You're correct. I didn't need to remove the lines.

I just removed the two bolts that hold the bracket just above the disc. That allowed the caliper to move enough to get it clear of the disc. I had to hold the caliper with one hand and put the new disc on with the other, but made it in the end.

Thanks for your help. Saved me a load of hassle removing the brake lines. :yahoo:

Managed to get the discs changed this weekend. You're correct. I didn't need to remove the lines.

I just removed the two bolts that hold the bracket just above the disc. That allowed the caliper to move enough to get it clear of the disc. I had to hold the caliper with one hand and put the new disc on with the other, but made it in the end.

Thanks for your help. Saved me a load of hassle removing the brake lines. :yahoo:

Glad to be of help :)