Interior door card trimming

nurrish

I have had a quote of £250 to re-trim the interior door cards in leather. I don't know about you guys but this seems expensive? This was a local company to me so i haven't branched out just yet. I don't mind sending my cards off for them to be done. Any suggestions

5 hours at £50 an hour = £250

Or

Materials at about £100 all in (leather, glue, sewing machine, new needles, brush's cotton thread, electricity, lightbulbs, heating etc etc.)

£3 hours at £50 - £150 (to include national insurance, pension, tax etc....) inc removal and fitting...

£250 seems reasonable to me!

Have they got examples of prior work and have they seen the Zed ones? Normally the door cards these guys do are flat... the zed ones are far from it!

Yeah the guy said the cards he normally does are flat but did say the cards are big but shouldn't be too difficult to do. If i wanted it in vinyl he would knock £50 quid off. They are quite a bespoke establishment and would trust them.

go with leather, are they going to do the cubby at the bottom and the arm rest? And are they going to stitch down the "corner" where is turns for the AC vent bit?

It was literally a 5 minute chat with the guy.....but if i go through with it i will go make sure its a proper job B)