Oil pressure always max..ignition on pos 2 and 3

colsy

Hi all,

My oil pressure guage is always reading off scale >120psi, its the same when ignition is at pos 2, i.e. to get electrics on, and when engine is running. The oil level is mid way, so its not excessive oil. The car runs sweet, temperature always below mid way and its quiet, so its not blockage. It must be an electrical fault? I only picked the car up last night, drove c.200 miles with no issues, guage at max. how can I check the guage, I guess its a volt meter type using a pressure transducer converted afterward to analogue? I have a multimeter, how do I get to the important terminals, what should I look to register? has anyone had similar problems?

Cheers,

Col.

Servce manual download didn't work...I have the zipped folder...but I get an error message saying the folder is empty when I try to extract...anyone had anything similar?

No just downloaded the 05 service manual myself to the works pc. Opened fine Section EM page 28. Right by the oil filter. ;)

• 4 months later...