Replacing the sub...

jub

yes but then again anything can be done its juts a case of how much work. you could just drill some holes and bolt it in but DONT !

easyest thing is ignore that location and put in the boot but if you must mount it there (im in the process of putting an 8 there) its been done by taking the mtel plate out and fitting the box in the space left , have a search around .

I suppose you could but i think by the time youve got a sub fitted anyway itl be a bit of a squeeze getting it in.when i put it in i did remember thinking hmm looks a bit tight heightwise,untill its in then theres no problem,Infact dont hold me to this people but,if you want to squeeze a bit more volume out of it then you 'could' make the bos a few inches wider.

I hold no responsibility for if anyone tries this & ends up wasting their money on the wood when it wont fit :lol:

Well if anyone tries it, then just remember to temporarily fix the box together with a few screws and no glue. Then if it has to be altered, its a simple enough task.

This has made me very interested in getting a sub box in the cubby. Being a carpenter i could of done this and got the max out of the available space. Just need a zed to practise on, damn :shrug:

I could probably make them boxes up for £40. Thats a good price to be honest as it would cost about a tenner for the MDF, another couple of quid for the screws, glue and mastic. Then its a good few hrs cutting, assembling and sealing.

I've done loads of installs for myself and others. Not done the Zed yet though. Still got the install out of my Type R civic sitting there in the spare room. Hmmmm, maybe worth making these up and selling them if there is enough of a demand.