Picture request

Shaun1982

Evening all. Could anyone with a multimedia unit(head unit with motorised or fold out screen) fitted in their zed post a picture of it please? Ive got my alpine IVA-D310RB from my fto but im unsure to fit it or not. My thinking is that when the screen is open its going to cover half of the original screen.

Any feedback from people would be a great help makin my mind up before i spend ages on it :thumbs:

I searched Nurrish and got a return of 100 odd pages.lol.Looked through the first 4 but didnt find any stereo picture.Is there a way of only searching post by someone in a certain area of the forum?

Click on advanced search and you can then search specific areas of the forum. :thumbs:

Hmm just as i thought then :thumbdown: question is do i go to the hassle of fitting the hideaway receiver unit under the seat & getting the loom up to the stereo or do i wait & see if i can sell the media unit & go for a normal H.U?

Its been years since ive had a normal headunit.lol.Im on my 3rd alpine media unit now :lol:

Evening all. Could anyone with a multimedia unit(head unit with motorised or fold out screen) fitted in their zed post a picture of it please? Ive got my alpine IVA-D310RB from my fto but im unsure to fit it or not. My thinking is that when the screen is open its going to cover half of the original screen.

Any feedback from people would be a great help makin my mind up before i spend ages on it :thumbs:

Hi,

I have exactly the same unit and this is what I did. It might be jusy up your street. :teeth:

Combi3.jpg

Combi4.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sweet cheers matey :teeth: is that the furthest the unit will sit in the hole then? Where did you get the alpine tray from too? I bought an autoleads fascia kit & iso adapter just after i got the zed but its got a tray in the bottom of it i think.Will i be able to use that?Just cant remember without looking if theres any other bits in there.lol

Sweet cheers matey :teeth: is that the furthest the unit will sit in the hole then? Where did you get the alpine tray from too? I bought an autoleads fascia kit & iso adapter just after i got the zed but its got a tray in the bottom of it i think.Will i be able to use that?Just cant remember without looking if theres any other bits in there.lol

Hi,

The head unit only protrudes (Good word) 10mm at the very most. If it were any tighter the flip out screen would foul when its all the way out, In real term the screen would not be able tilt back far enough for you to see it and might cover the satnav screem bottom and controls. It looks the dogs to me where it is, but you could fit the original surround if you like to smooth it out a bit more. I think your dash kit is like the 1 I had and all they did was remove the cheap lookin horrible pocket/tray thingy. I'm very particular :D

The other thing I had to make sure of was that when the screen was engaging it didn't hit the gear stick on its way in or out.

The Ipod draw just finishes it off neatly. Any Alpine stckist will have get you 1 of these the Code for it is KTX-550iD In dash portable media station. The are about £50.

Lastly the head unit alone won't imorve the sound quality. I dont know what you have installed, but the Bose amps don't work well with any other head units and you need to take out a tranducer from that or the satnav stops talking. It's not a job for the novice (not that I'm saying you are). Below is a list of what I ended up doing with mine.

The final solution to this needs to be based on what you want from your install. I've just had all the Bose stuff taken out of my car and replaced.

I wanted a totally steath install. The fronts were replaced with Hertz Hi-Enegy space components. The rears with Hi-Energy 2 ways colour matched cones to the car (Orange). The rears haves Hertz bar grills. The fronts and rear are driven by an Alpine V12 545 amp as most head units give up early on in the power game. This is mounted in the passenger glove box behind the seat with a 6 disc changer sat on top of it

I had an Alpine 10" sub mounted in the original place in the Z with a custom box built in around it and moves 13 time more air than the bose did. This is driven by an Alpine 1000Watt monoblock amp, Mounted in the bulkhead where the Bose amp used to be.

The Head unit is an Alpine IVA-310R 1din flip out mounted in the bottom of a dash double din converter and above this an Alpine Ipod draw to finish off the dash nicely.

If you're going for power Dynamat everything or you'll the interior will shake itself to bits. (Really).

I went for steath which limits your options and I wanted to keep my boot space (what little there is).

If you want more show then the world is you toasted muffin (dont like oysters).

My advice is find a great installer and talk alot about what you want before you start.

Regards.

Cheers matey,like you im going to use all stock locations,got the box built to go in that space & thats as far as ive got really.The stuff i have at the moment wont go in the zed,or at least without alot of mucking around & alot of space used.lol.I Have a few month old Kicker L7 12 which was powered by an Audiobahn A2200HCT chrome amp with the flames raised out if it,thats the size of a pillow you sleep on,also a bit overkill as ill not be running a sub anywhere near as powerfull as the L7.

Ive had a few suggestions for subs posted up on here & also had my eye on ther Focal polyglass 27v2, Ill have a better idea saturday as im going to my audio shop with the box & to talk more options for what im going to use,also see what deals hel do me against my current sub & amp.

Thanks for all the help :thumbs:

Cheers matey ill bear that in mind,although i may be selling it yet to a mate as he was after a new headunit.To be honest as the zeds not a show car last some of my previous cars im not to fussed about having a screen etc.As long as i can still run my ipod through it like i do now ill be a happy bunny,totally sick of cds now :rant: