another clicking thread!

buckmoy

except the dealers have told me its nothing to do with CV joints - its wheel bearings.

Anyone else had this?

Sounds like they're having a laugh mate, afaik a clicking would indicate a joint whereas a wheel bearing would be more of a grinding noise. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me.

Sounds like they just wanna strip it down and grease it up rather than replacing the part. Mine just need the joint reseating, at least thats what they told me, but I've got 18months of warranty left so figured if its gonna start again it'll start in that time. Don't know how much you've got left on yours mate

except the dealers have told me its nothing to do with CV joints - its wheel bearings.

Anyone else had this?

My original dealers told me I had a wheel bearing gone, couldn't do anything till it failed, took it to another dealer for second opinion, both cv joints changed, then changed again by another dealer at my P2 service

Mine's in for its first service today. I get a creaking noise when there's "torque" on the rear wheels, ie. when I accelerate / decelerrate via the throttle, not the brake.

Make my lovely black coupe sound like an old granny's shopping trolly :rant:

I mentioned it to one of the guys (demo guy, not techie) at the dealer and he said it was a common "feature" of the Z. If that is true, and it can't be fixed, I'll be going mental mental chicken oriental.

I expect the creaking to fixed today, or with a subsequent trip. No way should Nissan's flagship luxury car sound like this.

I still love the car tho - awesome!

Got the car back from the dealer... they acknowledge there's a fault but they have had to contact Nissan technicians to find a resolution.

So I still have a creaky car and need to wait for the dealer to contact me for a return visit. The techie I spoke to mentioned the drive shaft... gadzooks!

The saga continues!

Dealer just called, I have to book the car in for two days next month.

They think it is the CV joints, but this shouldn't happen on my model as this should have been sorted in the factory. So they want a number off the CV joints before they advise repair.

Looks like I'm on the last straight!

Any other 55 plate owners had the same issue?

Dealer just called, I have to book the car in for two days next month.

They think it is the CV joints, but this shouldn't happen on my model as this should have been sorted in the factory. So they want a number off the CV joints before they advise repair.

Looks like I'm on the last straight!

Any other 55 plate owners had the same issue?

Mines a 05 plate and they said exactly the same thing to me!!! Obviously it wasn't sorted at the factory :angry: