for IT boffins

M13KYF

30 million hits per month!

Crikey - last month we only scraped 1.6 Million. :blush:

Nice error message though. We could have custom error messages, but Id rather not tempt fate by designing them, afterall, we would never wish for you guys to ever see any. :teeth:

30 million hits per month!

Crikey - last month we only scraped 1.6 Million. :blush:

Nice error message though. We could have custom error messages, but Id rather not tempt fate by designing them, afterall, we would never wish for you guys to ever see any. :teeth:

The Register is the UK largest IT site and their probably looking at no more than 10 or so page impressions per unique visitor, I figure we're well in excess of that!! :yahoo:

(Guess who works in digital advertising :blush: )

No - it was fish4 that had 30m hits.

We had over 5000 unique adresses visit last month (but many users may have dynamic IPs).

What I do find funny is that our peak demand time is between 2p and 3pm (people must take late lunches!). At that time we peak at over 4000 hits per hour.

Dooh, got my wires crossed (The Register is a similar figure for page impressions).

Where are you getting your site data from, some on site tracking tools report based on US time zones so 2-3pm could be 7-8pm etc?

Are you being supplied "hit" data or "impressions" as there is a fair difference in the definitions and therefore the numbers behind each metric?

Stop me if I'm getting dull!!! :yawn:

We get separate hits and visits. So its quite clear that there are multiple hits per visit.

The average is over 100 hits per visitor, but having said that Im probably well into the thousands of hits alone.

We do get some interesting stats, and I reckon its fair to say that its grown a little since the days of the site being on my personal web space LOL.

Every time a file is sent by a server, be it text, graphic, video and so on, it is recorded as a hit.

So a page with 3 pictures and text would show as 4 hits, but would be only one impression, if the page is refreshed you get 8 hits, 2 impressions 1 unique etc

Just realised that I'm starting to bore myself now!!