Sat Nav - is it standard in GT pack?

frankyknuckles

I was speaking with a Nissan rep at the FoS on Saturday whilst looking round the Black MY06 that they had on display.

I noted that the display car had electric seats and Sat Nav. I was told that the Sat Nav is standard with the GT pack. Is this true or was he taking out of his proverbial?

Are the electric seats also standard?

I was speaking with a Nissan rep at the FoS on Saturday whilst looking round the Black MY06 that they had on display.

I noted that the display car had electric seats and Sat Nav. I was told that the Sat Nav is standard with the GT pack. Is this true or was he taking out of his proverbial?

Are the electric seats also standard?

The GT pack consists of leather seats (with electrical adjustment), uprated bose stereo with subwoofer and cruise control.

Sat Nav is an option on top definitely NOT in GT pack, think somewhere around £1500 off top of my head, but someone will confirm

is it a good sat nav system?

Tbh, I'm not a 100% sure. I've never used it, but typically there is always a better interface out there then the manufacturers ones. For example the Tom Tom inteface and mapping looks a lot better......

I've sure someone who actually has the system (although not sure there is many of us that do) will speak up soon...... I just know that I'd use that money for other things.

is it a good sat nav system?

I have an MY06 with factory fit sat nav, I've found it very good so far (ideal world would have touch screen).

Drive to the centre of london everyday and the traffic info system does a fair job of re-routing me. There is one junction that I always get directed to however that is one way and it thinks I need to go the other :angry:

Screen is very good, big and clear. I've used a few sat navs before and am happy with this one so far.

I've got a MY04, so it's not the latest satnav - the MY06 has a slightly differnt one.

£1600 option - wot a ripoff. IMHO (and I'm the humblest person I know :teeth:) it's a piece of poo! Nice big screen, but that's it. Menu nav and select via a joystick (haven't they heard of touch screen?), very little in terms of route config - fastest or quickest and that's it. Limited colour options, one voice, and I've found the actual routing dreadful - maybe london is better because it's a major city...?

My 300 quid Navman is FAR better in every respect aprt from the screen size and the fact that I have to take it off the windscreen whenever I leav the car.

DONT GET IT! WASTE OF MONEY!

I've got the TomTom700 and it fits nicely into the cubby. Only need a wire in to charge it up and the battery is fairly good. No screen connection for me! They only downside is that with the cubby placement you can't use the window sucker thingy which has the microphone for the hands free kit. Mind you, i've attached it to the window screen before and it was ace, on either side.

Don't do the Nissan satnav, mate, buy a TomTom and send me the remainding cash! :)

TT700 = 325, but you should be able to get it cheaper (to quote Goodness Gracious Me).

Hi, the sat nav is a £1200 option on the MY06. I went for it and it is very good. Does give a strange route sometimes if it is to somewhere you are familar with. It uses a dvd and has the TMC traffic info included. The birdview as they call it is clear and on motorways you get a split screen with the overhead gantry sign as a picture on the left.