Motordyne plenum spacer fitting

Cookbot

Got a ISO copper thermal one from B2 Auto designs for £200 posted, all fees included. bargain.

Just fitted it and it's now making a hissing sound . It also makes a woo-cee sound when you blip it and sounds like there's air bleeding out when I turn it off. Going to remove it tomorrow and have a look at the gaskets, but I’m sure I fitted it well(well it was dark by the time I'd finished! I oiled the lower one nicely and fitted all the other bits ok I think. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the hoses, there is only 1 to connect to the plenum, 3 to the throttle body and 1 one the air intake pipe right.

I have notched when driving the engine braking is not like it used to be, but there's a little more midrange. Does any one have an idea where it may be leaking from? Did it make anyone else’s throttle response sound any different?

Cheers, Cookbot

Make sure you didnt trap the gasket around the oil filler... Did you remove the OEM gasket or did you leave that in there?

Also make sure you have the vacuum hose attached at the front under the engine cover, you dont remove it but it can come loose and also there is a small nipple on the front left of the plenum that should have a cap on it, again shouldnt have removed but just check...

Apart from that, cant think!

Did you fit the lower gasket too?

I left the oem gasket in, so i might try it without. I did fit the lower gasket too, so will have a look there aswell. I didn't tighten all the bolts up too much as I don't have a head for my torque wrench, so I'm hoping that may sort it.

Thanks guys, Cookbot

I left the oem gasket in, so i might try it without. I did fit the lower gasket too, so will have a look there aswell. I didn't tighten all the bolts up too much as I don't have a head for my torque wrench, so I'm hoping that may sort it.

Thanks guys, Cookbot

Leave the oem gasket in, that is fine. I never had a torque wrench that went that low but just hand tight and then a little final tiny turn in sequence done the job.