Window Guide Removal Help Needed

Jammy007

Does anyone know how to remove the window guide that runs along the top of the passenger side door (bottom of the window when its closed).

I can only see one screw when the door is open & I've been told it slides off, but I've pulled it quite hard and it hasn't budged. The replacement part I've got doesn't have another other fixing holes so what the hells keeping mine on the car?

Looks as if its maybe tucked under the black plastic fascia for the wing mirror and if so then how do I remove this?

Cheers,

Jamie

Wow, its the full door card off on the inside jobby. Here's me thinking I could do it on my 30 minute dinner break just by undoing one screw and sliding it off the door.......

Oh well that'll fill some time if it stays fair on saturday.

Thanks everyone and big thanks to mr impossible for the heads up on the service manual :thumbs:

Where it says in one of the guides to remove the screw under the door handle, careful - don't lose it.....

What happens if you lose it :blush:

i.e. thinking you can get your fingers in to retrieve it and it drops down behind the door card.

Can it be retrieved upon removal of the door card? and if so I'm assuming it won't be able to fall out until the door card is removed.

I'm assuming everyone used a magnetic screw driver and socket for removal of the screws on the passenger side door?!

I'm giving up today anyways...... after calling Mike, Mr. Impossible and now this!