VERY SLOW COOLING FANS HELP REQUIRED

ALARMMANMARK

Hi all. my daughter has recently purchased a JDM sot top 350Z 2003. Last week it started to overheat and we have now pinpointed the cooling fans as the problem (they are not cutting in). When you put the air con on the actuator clicks in but the fan does not move unless you give it a gentle push, then it only moves at a slow speed. Its so slow that you can stop it without even hurting your fingers. This is the same on both fans. Am i correct in thinking the fans have gone faulty and need replacing or is there another possible cause. If so is there any cheap way to remedy this or is it Nissan parts only. Thanks Mark

Thanks for that, but the fans appear to have a good earth with 14 volts to them. Couldnt find the relays but i have read that there is is three of them. Again if there is the voltage to the fans would that not suggest the relays are working. The temp gauge is showing it is getting hot but at no time does the fan(s) go into fast mode just a token effort. Thanks Mark

Thanks for that, but the fans appear to have a good earth with 14 volts to them. Couldnt find the relays but i have read that there is is three of them. Again if there is the voltage to the fans would that not suggest the relays are working. The temp gauge is showing it is getting hot but at no time does the fan(s) go into fast mode just a token effort. Thanks Mark

If the voltage and earth is good then I would assume that it may be the fans.

Like I said clean and check the block connectors. :thumbs:

Thanks Alex, i did dissconnect the blocks (complete with bloody knuckles) and re connected them. Is there any magic spray that would clean them or is it a wire wool job and more bloody knuckles. Thanks Mark

Mark,

Just some wd40 or similar mate and work them in and out.

Try taking a 12 volt feed direct to the fans off a spare battery.