Pioneer Install Problems

bhavin85

Hi Guys

I am currently trying to install my Pioneer D3 into my zed facelift GT, ive got all the parts suggested in this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19787&hilit=pioneer+d3 and have now got the headunit powering up :)

unfortunatly there is no audio at all...

I am not sure why I have 3 connectors in my stock Wiring Harness, when connecting up my headunit the items labeled 1(in red) are being used however the connector labelled 2 (in blue) is not.

photo2.jpg

I have done a test on the Bose headunit...if you connect group 1(red) to the headunit and try to power on then nothing happens...the head unit wont power at all...however when connecting connector 2 (blue) the headunit will fire. I think maybe I am missing some cable or somethin...

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

I cant hear any static from the speakers at all so im sure im not firing up the bose amp...I have connected the blue/white wire from the pioneer harness to the ICT cable as suggested in the link above...

if anyone has done this before advice would be much appreciated as I wanted to get this completed today...otherwise ill have to put the bose H/U back in :(

Hello,

You definitely don't need to connect the number 2 plug, the only time you need this is if you want to retain the steering wheel remote controls, you then have to splice into three of the cables, the plug itself just needs taping up and storing out the way.

As long as you have connected the blue and white cable the amp should work, I soldered mine to the dark blue cable in the loom (see Pic, you can also see the plug taped up here).

Obviously you have installed the new earth cable or I don't think the head unit would fire up?

Even dafter question! Have you connected the 4 phono leads?

Failing that I would check a wiring diagram for the amp, there is a fuse that could have blown, (not sure where it is though, could be an inline one or part of the amp itself).

Hello,

You definitely don't need to connect the number 2 plug, the only time you need this is if you want to retain the steering wheel remote controls, you then have to splice into three of the cables, the plug itself just needs taping up and storing out the way.

As long as you have connected the blue and white cable the amp should work, I soldered mine to the dark blue cable in the loom (see Pic, you can also see the plug taped up here).

Obviously you have installed the new earth cable or I don't think the head unit would fire up?

Even dafter question! Have you connected the 4 phono leads?

Failing that I would check a wiring diagram for the amp, there is a fuse that could have blown, (not sure where it is though, could be an inline one or part of the amp itself).

Yep the headunit fites up correctly so i dont think its an earthing issue either! even checked the soldering on the joints and it looks fine

:bang: where were the phono leads?! I didnt see any behind the bose headunit so thought I didnt need to connect any and taht the audio was run through the Harness! If you oculd let me know where the phono leads connect into I think ill have solved my problem :doh:

Do you have the BOSE system in your car? If so then you will need the PAC Audio interface to connect it up properly.

This is not the case any more ICT (now Autoleads) have got a loom which takes the RCA output and converts it for you. Its an all in one loom which does RCA input and has steering wheel control as well

If you look at the insutrction for the ICT loom you have bought you should see it will say connect up the RCA connectors to the head unit.

Do you have the BOSE system in your car? If so then you will need the PAC Audio interface to connect it up properly.

This is not the case any more ICT (now Autoleads) have got a loom which takes the RCA output and converts it for you. Its an all in one loom which does RCA input and has steering wheel control as well

If you look at the insutrction for the ICT loom you have bought you should see it will say connect up the RCA connectors to the head unit.

You dont happen to have the instructions still do you :blush: I seem to have miss placed them!

Or if anyone knows where the RCA (phono) connectors plug in, i.e. where the BOSE Amp is...I can try again :)