Annoying noise

Jotun

I'm hoping somebody can help me track down an annoying noise. It sounds like a brushing oscillating sound coming from the driver's side of the car. It's very noticeable when driving near a wall with the window open where the sound goes straight back into my ear and gets on my nerves. I've had a glance around and nothing seems obviously flapping around but recently it has got louder so I'm hoping someone has a suggestion as to where to look. If you need any further clarification as to what the noise is like ask away....

It's slowly sending me insane :bangin:

Might the problem be that I need new rear pads and discs, I think the fronts were replaced just before I got the car.

Only if they are worn and require replacing.

You will have to remove the rear wheels to inspect the rear inner pads properly as they wear quicker than the outside ones.

If you require pads or discs then I have a selection in stock which will save you a fortune over dealer oem prices.

The noise may just be a slightly sticking pad. :thumbs:

Alex.

Ok thanks B) will take a look, I purchased some rear LED lights off you so would have no problem getting brake stuff :) I know the rear disks are quite worn, they have a very noticeable lip. I have EBC turbo grooved disks and ferrodo DS2500 pads on the front so I'd want to try and match the rears if you have those?

Ok thanks B) will take a look, I purchased some rear LED lights off you so would have no problem getting brake stuff :) I know the rear disks are quite worn, they have a very noticeable lip. I have EBC turbo grooved disks and ferrodo DS2500 pads on the front so I'd want to try and match the rears if you have those?

Have a look and then give me a shout with your requirments :thumbs:

If it is a UK car with Brembos the original disc thickness is 22mm and the minimum thickness is 20.2mm.

Alex.