Pairing G2 Touch/HTC Hero to 350z OEM bluetooth

5tu

Just upgraded to a G2 Touch (nice phone) and finally decided to see if it works with the car. It picks up the cars bluetooth module and pairs with it but it just refuses to connect. Anyone out there have this phone and get it to work ok????

ps. Is this even the right section to ask? :D

I'm probably getting the HTC Touch Pro2 in the next few days so it had better work with the 350z :) Strange that your phone won't connect when it can see the 350z connection in your list of detected bluetooth devices. Is there an option in your phone to "authorise" any of your detected bluetooth devices? Then it should connect automatically each time it comes in to range and when you turn the car on.

I have a G1 and I connected no problem, the G2 should connect the same as it uses the same software.

G1 and G2 uses different Bluetooth modules I have read.

I can't connect my HTC Hero aka G2 to my car either. It would pair but wouldn't connect.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem as described.......

I have got the HTC hero. It pairs fine, but refuses to connect. My previous phone was a HTC dual and this worked fine. It does state in the hero's User manual.......

The phone supports the following Bluetooth profiles: Headset, Handsfree, A2DP, and AVRCP.

I am not sure what the OEM module is supposed to be compatible with? Anyone know if it is different?

I have also fired off an e-mail to HTC, asking the difference between my old and new phone.

I will post any update. Perhaps they could add retro support on another firmware release?

Cheers

Feeback from HTC:

1)

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center.

At the moment and according with the software manufacture it's not possible to connect the HTC Android devices to other mobile phone or systems devices. The connectivity works with Bluetooth headsets only. The main reason is due to the fact of Android (operating system) doesn't have the drivers and protocol support for this new operating system.

2)

Thank you for your update. You can follow up the products news upadate in the RSS feeds of our website.

We are looking forward for Google to release the update in Android but soon a communication will be released regarding this matter.

Feeback from HTC:

1)

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center.

At the moment and according with the software manufacture it's not possible to connect the HTC Android devices to other mobile phone or systems devices. The connectivity works with Bluetooth headsets only. The main reason is due to the fact of Android (operating system) doesn't have the drivers and protocol support for this new operating system.

2)

Thank you for your update. You can follow up the products news upadate in the RSS feeds of our website.

We are looking forward for Google to release the update in Android but soon a communication will be released regarding this matter.

um......... There you go then. I didn't know a Mazda 6 was a headset :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
yea your release is a newer version so theres no point updating. when did you get your hero?

Got it about a month ago, but not used the car as had knee operation....so only just got round to trying it with the ZED.

Does anyone know of a decent bit of kit to connect the HTC Hero to the Stereo in the car? Maybe a USB connection kit etc?

Cheers