Aftermarket head unit with handsfree blue tooth?

huzz456

Hi everyone, i've searched and searched but cant find the answer to this one.

I've upgraded the stereo in my zed all round replacing the head unit, amp, speakers and cabling. I've used the iso harness that allows you to keep the steering wheel controls with the new head unit and i was hoping this would mean i would keep the functionality of the bluetooth handsfree kit but alas it is not working now. :(

Does anyone know of a way to get the existing bluetooth hands free kit working through my new head unit or is it dependent on the bose stereo that ive removed?

Many thanks

Pete

Any work arounds? I dont mind loosing the controls on the steering wheel i just want the stereo to mute the music when someone calls and be able to talk to them through the mic and speakers in the car. My new stereo has a cable called phone mute so it seems like it should be possible by splicing the correct cables but i just dont know which ones?

i did the same research mate and had no luck, i just ended up buying a bluetooth headunit and using the built in mic.

sorry i cant be any more help.

Chris

how did the nissan mic hook up out of interest as i have yet to fit my jvc BT head unit and was hoping to do the same.

as fro getting the handfress working its pretty much head unit dependant im afraid as with most cars , on the plus sides if you HU has got either blue tooth build in or input for an ad in unit (most do) then then it will mute wen you get calls , whats the HU ?