possible new head unit? - kenwood ddx 5024

mylesmcg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might sound stupid, but have you tried turning the HU volume right up?

I note that the 5024 only has a 2v preout which isn't much!

Did you connect the blue/white HU wire, that switches the amp switch on cable? Maybe the amp isn't turning on if you haven't!

On the HU loom & ICT cable......have a look at page 4 of the Kenwood installation manual. It's at the bottom of the page.

There's a blue/white wire from the kenwood wiring that needs to be connected the blue/white wire on the 674 loom. That'll send the signal that switches the amp on.

Check out half way down this thread, for pics:- http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19787

Try it without. I found mine worked fine without a ground wire, but only found that out after I'd dicked about soldering ground wires in!

As you already said that you have power you shouldn't need too.

has the blue/white wire sorted it?

Hmmm......can't really help here as it's pretty much a plug and play....

One end into the HU external remote input and the other into the white connector on the black box.

Sure you've definately got the right connector? Might be worth phoning ICT (InCarTech - 01392 829435) and checking that it's the right one for your HU.

I found that I had the wrong one for my Pioneer.

Try it without. I found mine worked fine without a ground wire, but only found that out after I'd dicked about soldering ground wires in!

Its best not to run the unit like this. It will be getting a ground signal via the RCA sheild as its ground but this means the unit will be pulling voltage across the RCAs which is not great for keeping as clean signal.

will do thanks.

any chance you know the best way of routing the usb cable to the cubby hole behind the handbrake?

I ran mine through the cubby down the hole and then through the left of the console, so that it pops out behind the passenger seat. Then feed it under the edge of the console as you move forwards, then poke it up behind where the aircon controls are and up to the headunit.

It looked virtually impossible to feed it through the console itself.

As Rob said, well worth popping a ground cable in too.

got every put back in place then read about grounding it so gonna do that either tonight or tomorrow along with trying to sort the steering wheel controls.

i put the usb into the cubby above the hu and looks good :thumbs:

thanks for all your help guys. much appreciated :#1: