Looking at a z tomorrow any advice?

alessandro

Hello all,

I'll go a look at a Z tomorrow from Jap performance part in Crawley which I was told about by a member of this forum.

Does anyone know the?

Car looks good but becuase it's a performance garage / dealer I a bit scared that the car it's been pushed to the limit more than once. Anything in particular to look out for?

Mine is: 10K top ( found one on here for 8200 wich was a fantastic price )

03 / 04 JDM or UK color Gunmetal, Blue or black.

No more than 60k miles and no orange interiors no automatic.

Any idea?

Wales is 2 hours drive for me so could consider that area too

Your experience sums up how I felt when I looked for mine. Saw so many advertised and when I rang up 99% of all of them were either sold or when I got to them they were not in A1 condition. 10k should see you a decent one. If you are able to look for ones around the 10.5k mark you should easily get them down to under 10k. It's a buyer's market. Mine was advertised at 13k (just over) and I got them down to 12k with full two years mfr warranty - this was all at a main dealer. Mine is a 55 plate, had 34k miles on clock and fsh excellent condition etc.

Doesn't matter too much where it is being advertised as long as it has FULL service history by a good garage (if owner says they serviced it themselves walk away) and has all its paperwork it should be fine. Good thing to do is also ring up the garage that has been servicing it and ask what work is likely to need doing in the near future...very useful. Id definitely do this if buying privately.

Good luck.

ps Be prepared to travel - I had to travel up to Manchester to eventually get mine and I live on the south coast!