Vaxhaul Corsa and Astra VXR.

srobrien

it seems that Vaux were too bothered about being the had of the class Bhp wise, and forgot about how it would affect the handling. Personally i dont think its as bad as made out, but eh older shapes seem to handle the power ALOT better.....

My astra Coupe was in the regions of about 260bhp, and apart from on very tight corners, it coped very well for a heavy FWD car.

Yeah, I too had a high powered fwd car....... my civic type R was 290bhp and handled the power amazingly well; it just all depends on the chassis setup....... (New Focus RS comes to mind) something I feel Vaux overlooked and opted for a bhp number in lieu of how the car would actually handle. Imagine it would be easily rectified with a few suspension mods tho' :thumbs:

290bhp in a type r? EP3? Was it supercharged? Always fancied doing that to mine but was never brave enough

I was always unimpressed with the delivery in the CTR,

was in a mates which was around 220 - 230, abd it just didn't feel quick.....

I can't explain why, it just had a serious lack of drama about it.

But no doubt a Supercharged one would be LOOOOOAAAAADSSS of fun!!! :D

quite possibly one of the best gearboxes ever built lacking

So good i went through four of them in a 2 year period :blush:

Think it was more down to some hella aggresive/bad driving, increased rev limit of 8850rpm, vtec @ 4400rpm and the 290bhp though :lol:

Like S1HNK said, you really have to nigh on kill the bloody thing to get the best out of it due to its 'rev me' engine and no torques..... even in charged for i only had 170lb torque iirc... :thumbdown:

Dene8 - You had better be joking...

Im a woman that drives a z!!!!

I also punch not slap!!!

And she takes the bait..... :lol::p

Casual sexism and male chauvinism FTW!!

Keep it here please.... viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26650 It's seems to now be the big sexist joke thread.

No point in it spilling out elsewhere or casual visitors might think it's like that all the time.

Equality all the way! :thumbs:

Taking your bait........

I dont want to nibble on your maggot thank you ! :D

Touché..... truce.....?

Anyway back on subject........ i was passed (over-taken) this morning by prince chav in his white corsa vxr with black wheels and a black roof........ actually liked the look of it and it sounded quite nice too, how rare...... :scare:

Is this some kinda special edition....?

Ok truce...

You were passed by a VXR Corsa Arctic, yes they were limited addition, Only 500 made.

They have the different paint work and are fitted with a remus, hense the noise.

I test drove one and they are too noisey, yes, i'll say it. Too chavvy!

On a bit of a side note i got embarrassed the other day by a 3.0L tdi Audi A8, it may have been mapped because it was quite smokey but thought the 350 should have done better. That's the only thing that annoys me about the 350, i think it could be a bit quicker.